Office of Business Opportunity
Turner School of Construction Management
For 30 years the City of Houston has partnered with Turner Construction Company to offer "Turner School of Construction Management". Participants accepted into the program who complete at least six of the first seven classes will receive a certificate of completion. This training program is FREE of charge.
The Turner School of Construction Management (TSCM), for certified Small, Disadvantaged, Minority-Owned, Woman-Owned, Veteran-Owned, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ Business Enterprises as well as federally certified firms, is one of the most prestigious educational and community outreach programs in the commercial construction industry. Initiated in 1969, the program has become an opportunity for firms to improve their economic viability by enhancing their managerial, technical and administrative skills, as well as developing strategic business relationships throughout the industry. Today, the Turner School is offered in more than 30 of Turner’s offices nationwide.
The TSCM Advantage:
- Develop a relationship with Turner and learn how to do business with a larger general contractor.
- Develop a relationship with the partners of the Turner School.
- Enhance your managerial, technical, and administrative expertise.
- Meet other certified businesses that have similar experiences.
- Learn how to make your company more visible to larger contractors to be more competitive for winning subcontracts.
- Currently in business for a minimum of 3 years
- Construction-oriented firm
- Must be certified as one of the following: Minority, Woman, Veteran, LGBTQ, Persons with Disabilities, or Disadvantaged Business Enterprise; All Federal Certifications
- Must commit to attend at least six of the first seven sessions
2021 Class Schedule:
All classes will be held in-person in West Houston every Tuesday from September 28 -November 16, 2021, 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Spots are limited based upon meeting requirements and approval of application. Only two individuals from each firm are permitted per year. Deadline to apply is August 13, 2021.