The City of Houston aims to encourage both practical and innovative investment in economically distressed areas that have been designated as Opportunity Zones in a manner that ensures benefit to both investors, as well as the existing residents and businesses.
- Set economic context for city and metropolis, identifying key assets/drivers
- Identify investable projects and propositions within the Opportunity Zones
- Focus on human capital, job connections, and wealth creation.
- Commentary on the essential must dos to reknit spatial and social fabric.
- Recommendations on institution building options to expedite growth and inclusion
City of Houston OZ Opportunities
- Affordable and Workforce Housing
- Retail Development / Food Dessert
- Manufacturing / Distribution
- Innovation / Tech
- Complete Communities
Houston Opportunity Zone Conference
Monday, October 21, 2019
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Amegy Bank - 1717 West Loop South, Houston TX 77027
(Johnson Conference Center - Level 9)