Permits and ReservationS
Address: 2999 S Wayside
Houston, TX 77023
Phone: Ballfield Reservations: 832.394.8804
Park Permits: 832.394.8805
Online Reservation Site:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday to Sunday (Closed)
Houston Service Helpline: |
To request park repairs please call 311 or 713.837.0311 or submit your request online by clicking this link.
The Parks Department is excited to announce our plan for reopening many of our facilities and amenities. This comes as COVID-19 cases decline in the Houston area. After receiving guidance from Health and Medical experts, we will proceed as follows – making sure that we observe C-D-C and N-R-P-A safety guidelines.
Monday, March 8 - Permitting for Practice Use Only Begins (In compliance with CDC & NRPA guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19)
- Sports fields (Baseball/Softball – Youth and Adults)
Monday, March 22 - Tentative Reopening Based on COVID-19 case numbers (Depending on COVID numbers, reservations will begin on March 15, 2021.) (In compliance with CDC & NRPA guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19)
- Sports fields for league games and tournaments for youth & adult baseball and softball
- Outdoor exercise stations
- Tennis courts for tournaments
- Small picnic pavilion rentals
- Small bootcamps
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park’s archery range and playground areas
Monday, March 29 – Tentative reopening based on COVID-19 case numbers (Depending on COVID numbers, reservations will begin on March 22, 2021.) (In compliance with CDC & NRPA guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19)
- Other sports fields for league games and tournaments (soccer, football, and lacrosse fields – Youth
- Basketball rim installations begin
- Soccer mini-pitch courts
- HPARD adult sports
- HPARD youth sports (Soccer for Success, H-Town Academy, and GHPAL)
The following amenities will remain closed until further notice:
- 40 Community Centers
- Swimming pools
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Center (except for outdoor activities)
- North Wayside Sports Center
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park’s dining hall, group camping sites, and group lodges
We again urge everyone vising our parks to follow C-D-C and N-R-P-A safety guidelines for COVID-19 – including getting vaccinated, washing your hands, social distancing, and staying home if you are feeling ill.
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department (H.P.A.R.D.) operates a total of 380 parks located in the Houston area. The H.P.A.R.D. Permits Office issues permits for the use of different venues and parks operated by the department for the City of Houston.
A park space may be reserved for personal use to host a private event by submitting a reservation request online to obtain a park permit, there is a fee for the reservation of the space and a refundable deposit will be applied where applicable. This permit ensures the exclusive use of the requested area for the designated time.
Not all park locations may be available for rental, if you are unable to locate the facility when attempting to make a reservation, please contact the Permits and Reservations Office for assistance.
City-wide and neighborhood festivals, dedications, inaugurations, parades, tree plantings, fun runs, ground-breakings, and community/neighborhood holiday celebrations will require a special event permit from the Mayor’s Office of Special Events. The City of Houston Mayor's Office of Special Events (MOSE) produces and permits events for the City of Houston and can be reached at 832-393-0868, for additional information please visit https://www.houstontx.gov/specialevents/
VENUES AVAILABLE FOR PERMITING
Park space, including pavilions, picnic table clusters, and open space may be reserved for private use by families and organizations. Reservations of Sports fields (including softball, baseball, soccer, flag football, basketball, rugby, and volleyball venues) are also available for sports practices, league and tournament play.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Park hours are from dawn to dusk (unless otherwise indicated)
- Glass containers are prohibited
- Alcoholic beverage consumption is prohibited (unless otherwise indicated)
- Littering is prohibited. Use trash receptacles
- Scooters and skateboards prohibited
- Motorized vehicles prohibited off roadways and beyond parking areas
- Improperly parked vehicles will be towed
- Two-hour parking for patrons only
- Vending or sales prohibited without permit
- Hunting or use of firearms prohibited
- Dogs are to remain on leash at all times
- Pet owners are required to pick up after pets Ordinance 2003-1275, Sec. 6-24
- Plants and animals are protected - do not remove or molest
- Control noise levels – Must be family friendly (Amplified Sound permit requires a Park and Sound permit)
- Destroying public property is prohibited by Title 19, Chapter 191 of the Government Code of Texas
- No smoking allowed in any City of Houston park interior and exterior spaces/facilities.
- Effective Date September 2, 2014. Enacted under Ordinance #2006-1054; Sec. 21-243
- Permits and liability insurance are required for moonwalks, tents over 1200 square feet, and portable toilet placement at any City of Houston Park location.
- Propane and Tents over 1200 square feet are prohibited in a City of Houston Park without a Park permit, a refundable deposit and/or a LP GAS Permit from the Houston Fire Marshal’s Office (832-394-6900).
FORMS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Outdoor/ Picnic Areas:
- Outdoor Area Use Frequently Asked Questions
- Closed Used Permit Policy
- Outdoor Area Online Rental Instructions
- Online Availability Instructions for Outdoor Spaces
- Event Questionnaire (to provide more details regarding your event)
- Outdoor Event Security Plan Form (may be required for Large events)
- Fee Schedule for Permits and Reservations
- Fee schedules for the City of Houston
- Liability Insurance Form
- Photography/Filming Request Questionnaire Form
- Portable Toilet placement request document
- Sports Field Frequently Asked Questions
- Sports Field Policy
- Sports Field Online Rental Instructions
- Checking Availability Instructions
- Fee Schedule for Ballfields
Community Center Reservations: