Proposed Amendments to Chapter 42
The Houston Planning Commission is accepting comments on proposed amendments to Chapter 42 of the Code of Ordinances, the City’s standards for subdivision platting. The public hearing and comment period opens Thursday, March 18, 2021 and closes April 18, 2021. These proposed amendments will eliminate inconsistencies, clarify and/or codify some requirements and policies, to make the subdivision platting process more efficient. The Livable Places Action Committee reviewed these amendments last fall and have referred them to the Planning Commission for consideration.
The proposed amendments will address the following in Chapter 42. Click here to view the draft ordinance language.
- Time period for submitting plat applications
- Street Width in Place ordinance boundaries
- Clarify the term “nonresidential”
- Special Minimum Lot Size and Special Minimum Building Line variance requirements
- Temporary access easement for utility facilities
- Identifying floodplains on General Plans