> Police >
Auto Dealers Detail - Wrecker – Incident Management and TOW AND GO
Home | Business Licenses | Individual Licenses | Vehicle Auction | Auto Dealers Detail FAQ | Automotive Repair Facility FAQ | Towed Vehicles FAQ | License Fee Schedule | Automotive Board | PATSA Contract | Heavy Duty PATSA Contract | PPSLA Contract | Contact Us | Background Check | Appointment Scheduling | FastPass Form | Forms | Wrecker Tow Zone map
Fees: Initial application, Annual renewal • For fee schedules, go to www.houstoncityfees.org
Wrecker – Incident Management and TOW AND GO
- Application for Wrecker License – Present a fully completed application form.
- Five Panel drug test from a state approved laboratory - Only the original will be accepted. Emails from state laboratory sent to HPD.AutoDealers@HoustonPolice.org will also be accepted.
- Current copy of Certificate of Liability Insurance - Automotive Liability for one million dollars - Cargo On Hook for $50,000 - Occupational Safety or Workman’s Compensation. Owner of the business needs to be covered with City of Houston as Certificate Holder.
- Police Authorized Tow Service Agreement Wrecker Identification Form - Signed off by the owner of the company.
- Current Texas Driver’s License.
- Current TDLR (Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation) Card or print out from TDLR.
- Criminal background check - A criminal background check is conducted on all officers, partners, owners (licensees) and others who have a financial interest in the business.
- Defensive Driving Course Required for new applicants - Driving Certificate must be presented – (email or phone copies will not be accepted)
- Required Fee
- Automotive Board review - The City of Houston Automotive Board reviews the application for each new wrecker including consideration of the findings of a criminal background check.
- Notice of an Automotive Board public hearing on the wrecker application is published.
- Approval or Denial is decided by the Board at the hearing