HPD Accident Reports Now Available Online!
January 17, 2008 - As of January 7, 2008, citizens can now purchase copies of traffic accident reports. Instead of driving downtown and paying to park near 1200 Travis, anyone involved in a traffic accident in the City of Houston will be able to go to the HPD Web site and purchase his or her report online.
VectraReports, the vendor awarded the contract to build the database and interface, will be responsible for scanning all traffic accident reports and processing the transactions. This will free up greatly needed resources in both the Records Division and the Mobility Incident Management Division. It will also improve our service to the community by providing a more convenient method of obtaining reports.
To purchase an accident report, citizens should:
· Go to the HPD Web site at www.houstonpolice.org
· Click this link: “Purchase a copy of an accident report” in the main section of the home page, or click “purchase accident report” from the left-hand navigation bar on any page of our site.
· Follow the instructions to locate and print the correct report. (Citizens will need to have two of the following in order to identify the report: the name of the driver, the date of the accident, and / or the location of the accident).
· Citizens must register at VectraReports with a valid E-mail address to search for reports. If the report is not yet ready, the system can automatically E-mail the user to remind him or her to return to the site when the report becomes available.
· Citizens will also be able to access the application directly from the City of Houston’s main Web site, at www.houstontx.gov.
· The purchase price of each report is $7.50, and citizens will be able to pay with a credit card at the Web site or using a kiosk in the lobby of Police Headquarters at 1200 Travis.
· Copies of accident reports prior to January 1, 2008 will NOT be available for purchase online. Accident reports prior to 2008 can still be obtained in the Records Division on the first floor at 1200 Travis.
Fore more information, visit www.houstonpolice.org or call the HPD Records Division at 713-308-8585
For additional information, please contact the HPD Public Affairs Division at 713-308-3200.