SAFECLEAR IS NOW KNOWN AS THE TOW AND GO PROGRAM
The SafeClear Program, originally begun in 2005, has recently been made a part of the Houston-Galveston Area Council’s regional traffic management plan, and will now be known as the Tow and Go Program. The Program operates as follows:
- Stalled vehicles on Houston’s freeways will be towed to a nearby safe location off the freeway at no cost to the motorist
- If your vehicle has a good spare and a jack, the wrecker driver will change your flat tire at no cost
- If you wish to be towed to your home or another location, the City of Houston’s non-consent tow fee applies, which can be found on ARA's website https://www.houstontx.gov/ara/vfh/non-consent-tow-rates.html.
- Your vehicle can be towed to a nearby storage lot, where it will be stored at no cost for up to 48 hours. Storage fees will begin to accrue after 48 hours
- The tollways and the Katy Freeway HOT lanes are not included