An educated, well-trained workforce is essential to thriving neighborhoods and a healthy economy. The City should play a strong supportive role to education providers to ensure a well-educated community. The City should also seek out opportunities to encourage innovation and broad use of technology by the entire community.
- Partner with organizations to improve education and related support services.
- Expand out-of-school programs and resources.
- Adopt policies to support education and provide learning opportunities for Houstonians of all ages.
- Support mentorship and internship programs that teach applied skills.
- Support efforts that foster new ideas, entrepreneurship, innovation and growth in technology-related businesses.
- Support partnerships that provide adult education and job training at all skill levels.
- Equitable access to opportunity and prosperity
- Engaged and informed residents
- Strong social ties supported by social, civic, and faith organizations
- Supportive services for disadvantaged and at-risk groups
- Quality learning opportunities from early childhood onward
- Schools and communities that invest in each other
- A skilled and talented and versatile workforce
- Job opportunities that support a good standard of living and financial stability