DHTML Tree Menu skip to content




Incident at 6957 Chasewood

March 12, 2007 --Houston police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man at 6957 Chasewood on March 10, 2007 about 10:50 p.m.

The victim is identified as John Dove (b/m, DOB: 11-24-79). He sustained a gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene.

HPD Homicide Division Sergeant W.P. Booth and Officer A.D. Brown reported:

A husband and wife went out for the evening leaving their 13 year-old juvenile at home with their two other children and a niece. Upon returning, they observed an unknown vehicle parked in the parking space of their condominium. As the father approached the back door of the condo, he observed two people appear in front of a back window. The father of the juvenile opened the door and observed two people run out the front door. The father went to his closet, retrieved a shotgun and went out the back door in search of the intruders.

The mother of the juvenile entered their residence and called 911. While she was speaking to the police operator, she received a phone call from an unknown male. The mother learned that this male is the same person who fled her residence shortly before, later identified as John Dove. Mr. Dove told the mother that he was coming back to talk to her. As Dove approached the residence, he became involved in a heated argument with the mother over the phone. The father returned to his driveway and found his wife on the phone. He saw a male (Dove) walking toward his wife, talking on the phone and using profanity. The father realized that this was one of the people who fled his residence earlier and confronted him, asking him what he was doing in his house with his daughter. The father told police that Dove became combative and made a gesture that he took as threatening. The father fired one shot from his shotgun and left the location.

When police arrived, the mother told them that she did not know the whereabouts of her 13 year-old daughter. At that time, it was unclear whether the child had been taken from the residence or left on her own. An Amber alert was issued and later cancelled when the juvenile returned home from a friend’s house unharmed. It was later determined that the juvenile was the other person seen leaving the condo earlier in the night.

It was also determined that the car parked in the family’s driveway was that of Mr. Dove. Charges against the father are pending review by the Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office.

JGA/NJM 3-12-07

For additional information, please contact the HPD Public Affairs Division at 713-308-3200.