Sex Offenders Checked Prior to Halloween
October 30, 2008 - In anticipation of Halloween night, the HPD Juvenile Sex Offender Registration Unit in coordination with Harris County Probation and Parole authorities have been going out into neighborhoods checking residences of sex offenders on probation and parole to ensure they are in compliance with the provisions of their parole or probation. Sex offenders must adhere to the following guidelines: (These are the rules they receive and must comply with.)
1. Do not distribute candy or treats to children, minors at your residence or any location on or about Halloween or at any Halloween celebration.
2. Do not be at a residence or other location where there is distribution of candy or treats to children, minors or about Halloween.
3. Do not have the porch light on at your residence, be at another location where the porch light is on during Halloween.
4. Do not answer the door during Halloween unless instructed by law enforcement.
5. Do not attend any public or private Halloween event where children are present or are likely to be present.
6. Do not decorate your residence or any residence in which you are registered to reside or a vehicle that you operate with Halloween decorations or other child lures.
7. Do not be in, on or at any Halloween or other child lure decorated residence, vehicle or location on Halloween.
8. Do not attend any haunted house attractions.
Any violations of these conditions will be documented and probation and parole notified. Any violations of these rules will be grounds for their probation or parole to be revoked.
If you see a sex offender in your area and you know that he is not registered to that address, you should call the Houston Police Department or the Police Agency in your jurisdiction.