Houston Fire Department
Standards and Codes
- 2012 Houston Fire Code Amendments *
- The COH Fire Code "Appendix J" - The retroactive high-rise building sprinkler ordinance
- For the mid-rise atrium evacuation plan, please contact Inspector Adam Beltran by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or 832.394.6900
- Stairwell identification requirements *
- Atrium Building Retrofit Ordinance *
- Haz-Mat plan submittal guideline *
- High-Piled Storage Plan Submittal Guideline *
- Additional Helpful Links Maybe Found on the HFD High Rise Triad Webpage
* The link listed is a .pdf file and require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing
For additional information on Houston Fire Department Standards and Codes, contact the HFD Fire Marshal's Office at 832.394.6900 or by mail at 500 Jefferson, Ste. 1600 Houston, TX 77002.
20 - Automatic Excess Gas Flow Shut-Off Devices This standard has been rescinded by City Council and is no longer valid nor in use.
21 - Security Gates/Grilles use on Assembly Occupancy has been rescinded by the Fire Marshal, effective May, 15, 2007.