Welcome to the City of Houston’s Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) Website. HCDD’s primary objective is to provide decent housing, create a suitable living environment and expand economic opportunities, principally for low and moderate income persons. HCDD manages and administers both federal and non-federal funds that are earmarked for the development of viable urban communities. Under the leadership of Director Neal Rackleff, HCDD will continue to provide effective and efficient customer service through its product lines. These products lines are, (1) single family housing down payment assistance, (2) single family home repair assistance (3)commercial (multi and single family housing development), (4) municipal/private public facilities and (5) public services (including HOPWA Services). Please click on the Product Lines Buttons below to obtain additional product information. Thank you for visiting our site!
- 2013 Annual Action Plan (05.13.2013)
Update on Hurricane Ike Round 2, Phase 2 CDBG-DR application -- HCDD has completed its review of all written and public comments on the Hurricane Ike Round 2, Phase 2 CDBG-DR Needs Assessment that were received by March 13, 2013. (published 03.20.2013)
- View Responses to Written Comments Received (.pdf, revised 03.21.2013)
- View Responses to Comments from Public Hearing (.pdf, revised 03.21.2013)
- Public Hearing Transcript (03.12.2013) - Hurricane Ike Round 2, Phase 2 Needs Assessment (.pdf, published 03.21.2013)
- DISASTER RECOVERY ROUND II AFFORDABLE RENTAL HOUSING REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS T24043 (revised 11.09.2012, .html)
For Fair Housing information, please click on flyer below (.pdf).
- Fair Housing Information (English, 03.23.2012)
- Información de Equidad de Vivienda (Español, 03.23.2012)
- GIA CU BÌNH Ð?NG (Vietnamese, 03.29.2012)
- Emergency Homeowner's Loan Program (www.FindEHLP.org)
- Update - - September 14, 2010 -- Downpayment Assistance Program - Announcement - Successful responders to the Lender's request for Qualifications RFQ (.html).
- Update -- August 4, 2010 -- Important Announcement Single Family Home Repair Program - Suspension of New Application Intake (.pdf)
HCDD Gallery of Projects
The projects pictured are the culmination of HCDD's primary goal -- that is to create units of affordable housing and invest in community facilities that offer services to income eligible populations.
Housing Department Quick Links
• American Recovery and Reinvestment Act • CAPERs • Community Housing Development Orgs • Compliance and Monitoring • Consolidated Action Plan • Downpayment Assistance Program • Economic Development • Environmental Review Procedures • Fair Housing • Helpful Phone Numbers • Homelessness Prevention • HOPWA / Public Services • Houston HOPE • Hurricane Ike Disaster Recovery • LARA • Neighborhood Stabilization Program • News and Events • Public / Legal Notices • RFPs, Applications, Forms, Downloads • Section 3 Program • Stakeholder Connection • URA-Acquisition; Demolition-Conversion; and Temporary Relocation Requirements •
About the Director
May 31, 2012 -- Mayor Annise Parker and Houston City Council have confirmed the appointments of two directors – Neal Rackleff for the city’s Housing and Community Development Department and Katherine Tipton for the Department of Neighborhoods. Both have worked for the City of Houston and were chosen to lead their departments as interim directors in recent months, but excelled in their new roles and have become permanent directors.
“I am glad to have found that both Katie and Neal are up to the challenge of leading their respective departments and bringing them to new heights,” said Mayor Parker. “They each bring many years of invaluable experience in their fields, but moreover they have the institutional knowledge acquired as city employees that placed them above any other external candidates.”
Contact the Department
Neal Rackleff, Director
City of Houston Housing and
Community Development Department
P.O. Box 1562
Houston, Texas 77251-1562
HCD News Flashes
HCD Stakeholders Lunch Forum
- 07.29.2011 Summer HCD Lunch Forum. Topic: Community Sustainability and the New Census. Forum features: Presentation by Patricia “Patti” Knudson, Joiner, President and CEO of Knudson LP, on what the Census reveals for community development and the sustainability of our neighborhood.