Housing and Community Development Department
The City of Houston’s Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) provides the leadership and financing to make affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization happen in Houston. Currently, the Department administers over $100 million annually in various federal, state and local programs. From investing in neighborhood parks, multifamily communities and economic development, to providing first-time homebuyer assistance and funds to serve the homeless, elderly and disabled -- HCDD works to improve the quality of life for Houston’s neighborhoods and families.
Latest News and Announcements
Draft 2017 Annual Action PlanThe Draft 2017 Annual Action Plan is available for public review from March 13, 2017 to April 12, 2017.
Changes to the Homebuyer Assistance Program (HAP)
The City's Homebuyer Assistance Program has recently been revised with new guidelines and increased financial assistance. This program provides funds to approved applicants to assist in paying down payment, closing costs, and principal buydown on their home purchase. Visit our Homebuyer Assistance Program for full details and a list of FAQ's.
Action Plan for Disaster Recovery - 2015 Flood Events
- HUD Approved Action Plan for Disaster Recovery – 2015 Flood Events
- Learn more information and about upcoming events related to the recovery efforts for the 2015 floods: www.houstontx.gov/housing/2015_Flood_Events_Recovery.html
Projects in Your District
Click on the map below to see where we have collaborated on projects with state and federal government agencies, local city departments, nonprofits and private industry in your district.
Key HCDD Services
Housing Dept. Links
- Housing Dept. Home Page
- About the Director
- Communications / Press Releases
- Compliance and Monitoring
- Consolidated and Annual Action Plans / CAPERs / Analysis of Impediments
- Contact Us / Helpful Phone Numbers
- Economic Development
- Fair Housing
- Housing Resource and Data Center
- Land Assemblage Redevelopment Authority (LARA)
- Public / Legal Notices
- RFP's, Applications and Downloads
Tom McCasland, Director
City of Houston Housing and
Community Development Department
601 Sawyer, Suite 400
Houston, Texas 77007
PHONE: 832.394.6200 EMAIL: email@example.com