2018 Major Thoroughfare and Freeway Plan Amendment Requests
Timeline & Process
Mandatory pre-submittal conference with staff – January 2018 to March 2, 2018
Application submittal period – January 2 to March 2, 2018
Planning Commission Workshop – May 2018 (date TBD)
Applicants will make brief presentation regarding their proposal to the Planning Commission.
Property Owner Notification – Late May/early June 2018
Notice of the open house and public hearing will be mailed to affected property owners in late May or early June of 2018. A notice will also run in the Houston Chronicle for three consecutive days.
Open House – Late June 2018 (date TBD)
The purpose of the open house is to provide information about all MTFP amendment requests to anyone from the community who may have an interest. This provides an opportunity to the public to understand the issue(s) prior to the Public Hearing meeting.
Public Hearing – July 26, 2018
A Planning Commission public hearing will be held at City Hall Annex, Council Chamber (900 Bagby Street, Houston TX 77002). This is an opportunity for concerned citizens to speak in support or in opposition to the proposed amendments.
Planning Commission Consideration - August 23, 2018
The Planning Commission will consider taking action on each application. The Planning & Development Department will forward the proposed changes to the 2017 MTFP map by September 1, 2018, to City Council for adoption.
2018 MTFP Amendment Application
2018 MTFP amendment applications are due by 5:00pm on March 2, 2018. A mandatory in-person pre-submittal conference with Planning & Development staff is also required in order for an amendment application to be considered as part of the 2018 MTFP amendment cycle.
- Major Thoroughfare and Freeway Plan
- Consolidated Transportation Planning:
- Harris County Appraisal District:
- Texas Department of Transportation, Houston District:
- Houston-Galveston Area Council, Regional Growth Forecast:
- Houston-Galveston Area Council, Our Great Region:
- City of Houston, Rebuild Houston Program and Capital Improvements Program 2015-2020:
- Dallas-Houston High-Speed Rail
- COH – Bicycle Master Plan
- Complete Streets E.O.
City of Houston
City of Houston
- Home Page
- Complete Communities
- Complete Streets
- Development Regulations
- Development Reports
- General Plan (Plan Houston)
- Geographic Data
- Historical Commission
- Historic Preservation
- Historic Preservation Manual
- Major Thoroughfare Plan
- Minimum Lot Size/Building Lines
- Off-Street Parking Ordinance
- Planning Commission
- Plat Tracker
- Prohibited Yard Parking
- Tower Commission
- Transportation Planning
611 Walker Street, 6th Floor
Houston, TX 77002