Houston Archaeological and Historical Commission (HAHC)
Beginning April 23, 2020, Historic Commission meetings will take place online, using the Microsoft TEAMs platform. Historic Commission meeting links and instructions to join the virtual meeting are posted below. The meeting agenda includes speaker guidelines and a list of items being considered.
- Meeting Name: Historic Office of Preservation Board and Commission Training
- Meeting Date / Time: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 2:00 pm
- Agenda: 6.17.2021 Agenda
- Online Meeting Link via App: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Online Meeting via Web Browser: https://bit.ly/3ct6mnu
- Call-In Option: 936-755-1521 Conference ID: 576 441 772#
- Make Comments by Phone: 832-393-6556
June 17, 2021 Agenda
- A.Public Hearing and Consideration of and Possible Action on a Protected Landmark Designation Application for the Eldorado Ballroom at 2310 Elgin Street, Houston, Texas 77004
- B.Consideration of and Possible Action on Certificate of Appropriateness Applications for Consent Agenda:
Type something in the input field to search the table for address, application type and historic district. Click the Address to view the staff report drafts for that location.
Address Application Type Historic District 1202 Ashland St Alteration – Addition Houston Heights West 920 Key St Alteration – Addition, Foundation, Siding or Trim, Doors, Windows, Porch or Balcony, Roof Norhill 801 Cortlandt St Alteration – Addition, Foundation, Siding or Trim, Doors, Windows, Roof Houston Heights West 1026 Arlington St Alteration – Addition, Foundation, Siding or Trim, Doors, Windows, Porch or Balcony, Chimney, Roof Houston Heights South 1026 Arlington St New Construction – Garage or Carport Houston Heights South 922 Arlington St Alteration – Siding or Trim, Windows, Roof Houston Heights South 112 Stratford St Alteration – Addition, Windows Avondale East 514 Woodland St Alteration – Addition Woodland Heights 3215 Morrison St New Construction – Single Family Residential Woodland Heights 3215 Morrison St New Construction – Garage or Carport Woodland Heights 1128 Walling St Alteration – Porch or Balcony Norhill 1006 W Cottage St Alteration – Windows, Porch or Balcony Norhill 1609 Columbia St Alteration – Roof Houston Heights East 615 Bayland Ave Alteration – Siding or Trim Woodland Heights 614 Euclid St New Construction – Single Family Residential Woodland Heights 1802 North Boulevard Alteration - Addition, Foundation, Siding or Trim, Doors, Windows, Roof Boulevard Oaks 1702 North Boulevard Alteration - Addition, Foundation, Siding or Trim, Doors, Windows, Porch or Balcony, Roof, Awning or Canopy Boulevard Oaks 1917 Washington Ave Alteration – Sign Old Sixth Ward 841 Arlington St Alteration – Addition, Porch or Balcony Houston Heights South 4018 Oak Ridge St Alteration – Addition, Foundation, Siding or Trim, Doors, Windows, Porch or Balcony, Roof Norhill
- C. Comments from the Public
- D. Comments from the HAHC
- E. Historic Preservation Officer’s Report
- F. Adjournment
Download the Microsoft TEAMs program application for free at https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app. Please note that your computer requires speakers and a microphone in order to use Microsoft Teams. A free smartphone version of this app is also available from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Basic Virtual Meeting Instructions
- Join the meeting via the link or by phone.
- After joining, stay muted to minimize background disruptions.
- If you are recognized by the Chair to speak, unmute yourself and consider turning on the app’s video during your speaking time.
- State your name, spell your last name, and make your comments in the specified time allowed. Say if you are in support, against, or undecided, and conclude when prompted.
- To mute or unmute yourself on the phone, press *6. On the computer, use the microphone icon.
- Please turn off your video after speaking. Remember, your image and background are made public.
The public may address the Historic Commission on agenda items. Please submit comments or sign up to speak at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting. All comments are made part of the public meeting record.
- Submit comments on an item via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also call the Historic Commission at 832-393-6556. A staff member will take your comments, which will be read and included in the public record.
- Speakers will be called on in the order of sign up and can speak for two minutes. See agenda for speaker guidelines.
If you have materials or graphic information for the Historic Commission to consider, submit it via email to email@example.com 24 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting for it to be included in the final agenda packet.
Concluding the Virtual Meeting
About the Commission
The HAHC is a 13-member appointed Commission that issues Certificates of Appropriateness and reviews Historic District, Landmark, Protected Landmark, and Archaeological Site designation applications.
- Ashley Elizabeth Jones – Archaeologist (Position 1)
- Minnette Boesel – Chair, Historian (Position 2)
- Urmila Srinivasan – Architectural Historian (Position 3)
- Rhonda Sepulveda – Cultural History Organization Representative (Position 4)
- David Bucek – Registered Architect (Position 5)
- Elizabeth Wiedower Jackson – Commercial Business Representative (Position 6)
- John Cosgrove – Real Estate Appraiser (Position 7)
- Stephen McNiel – Remodeler/Builder (Position 8)
- Steven F. Curry – Preservation Specialist (Position 9)
- Ann Collum – Citizen Representative (Position 10)
- Dominic Yap – Citizen Representative (Position 11)
- Charles Stava – Citizen Representative (Position 12)
- Ben Koush – Citizen Representative (Position 13)
- Samantha Bruer – Architectural Archivist, Houston Metropolitan Research Center
- Marta Crinejo – Mayor's Liaison
- Margaret Wallace Brown Director, Planning and Development
HAHC Deadline and Meeting Location
Certificate of Appropriateness applications are due 22 calendar days in advance of the meeting by 12 PM (noon) on the deadline date.
Download a map of nearby parking facilities