Truck Enforcement Unit
Have Your Questions Answered | Hazardous Materials | Links - Local, Federal and State Websites | Restricted Roadways | Safety Inspections | Step Grant Programs | Truck Safety Programs
- The Truck Enforcement Unit monitors and will take enforcement action towards large commercial trucks (3 or more axles) that drive in prohibited left lanes on freeways where signage is posted.
- Currently four freeways, the East Freeway between Waco Street and Uvalde, State Highway 225 between the 610 Loop and Highway 146, the North Freeway between Loop 610 and Rankin Road and US 290 between Loop 610 and Beltway 8 have left lane restrictions 24 hours a day.
- The restricted left lane program consists of freeways that:
- Have a minimum section length of six miles.
- 2. Have no left exit on the minimum six-mile distance.
- 3. Have a minimum commercial vehicle usage rate of 4%.