iSpeak Houston is the City of Houston’s official portal for resources, information and media that promote public access to essential information and services in languages other than English. Use this portal to browse our growing library of iSpeak language cards and to explore useful Internet links and phone numbers.
To access these resources, simply click on the links below:
- City of Houston Audio and Video Interpreter User Guide (.pdf, updated February 2020)
- iSpeak Card Library
- Language Spoken at Home (2015, Other than English)
- Ability to Speak English "Less Than Very Well" in City of Houston (.pdf)
- Place of Birth for Foreign Born Population (2015 American Community Survey, .pdf)
- Top 25 Languages Spoken in Houston (2011 to 2015, .pdf)
- Migration Policy Institute Language Portal
Know Your Rights
The City of Houston seeks to ensure equity in access to its programs, activities and services so that every citizen has the greatest opportunity to achieve and obtain the foundations necessary for self-sufficiency and success. All departments and agencies are committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, ability, or English language proficiency, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 49 CFR part 21 and all related regulations and directives. ... Read More
If you are a City of Houston employee, click the City Employee Access Center to access training videos that will prepare you to assist non-English speakers in real-time.
Public Service Announcement by the
Texas Association of Healthcare Interpreters and Translators
iSpeak Houston is a project of the City of Houston and the Department of Neighborhoods