Love Your Pet Month
Advocating Responsible Pet Ownership in the Community
Council Member Karla Cisneros invites you to be part of her annual Love Your Pet initiative targeting Houston and Harris County, a project which that includes a series of events and opportunities during the month of February in conjunction with the annual, international World Spay Month. Pet overpopulation is a serious public health, public safety and quality of life concern for many Houstonians. We have too many stray dogs and cats on our streets, and shelters and rescue organizations are overburdened.
In addition to highlighting the importance of spaying and neutering, Love Your Pet works to improve overall animal welfare and responsible pet ownership. Council Member Cisneros hopes you will join in bringing residents, community groups, animal welfare organizations, the City, and the County together to raise awareness on this important issue.
Help in spreading the message on the important reasons to spay and neuter: Your pet will be less likely to wander or be aggressive; spayed/neutered pets reduce animal overpopulation; your pet will be healthier, happier and have a longer life. Join the movement and use our hashtags: #spayneuterhtx, #loveyourpet, and #houharrisunity.
2020 Love Your Pet Events
- Healthy Pets Healthy Streets @ Denver Harbor: Feb. 1st and @ Montie Beach: Feb. 4th (English)
- Animales Sanos Calles Saludables @ Denver Harbor: Feb. 1st and @ Montie Beach: Feb. 4th (Spanish)
- BARC Adoptions Trailer @ the Market at Sawyer Yards: Feb. 8th
- Volunteer Day w/ Young Adult Professionals @ Houston Humane Society: Feb 8th
- Fix Felix: Feb 19th
- Spay Day Special: Feb 25th
- Big Fix Day Houston: Feb. 22nd
- Zenteno Sculpture Unveiling & Film Premiere: Feb. 22nd
- Love Your Pet Kids Fest: A Leap Day Celebration: Feb. 29th (.pdf)
- Low-Cost Pet Vaccination Clinic @ Funeraria del Angel North: Feb. 29th (.pdf)