Application Information Session
- Meet Date / Time: February 10, 2021 from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Online Meeting Link: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Call-In Option: +1 936-755-1521 Conference ID: 442 848 857#
- Meeting link: http://bit.ly/MSMainSt
- Join the meeting via the link or by phone.
- After joining, stay muted to minimize background disruptions.
- If you are recognized by the Chair to speak, unmute yourself and consider turning on the app’s video during your speaking time.
- State your name, spell your last name, and make your comments in the specified time allowed. Say if you are in support, against, or undecided, and conclude when prompted.
- To mute or unmute yourself on the phone, press *6. On the computer, use the microphone icon.
- Please turn off your video after speaking. Remember, your image and background are made public.
Download the Microsoft TEAMs program application for free at https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app. Please note that your computer requires speakers and a microphone in order to use Microsoft Teams. A free smartphone version of this app is also available from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Basic Virtual Meeting Instructions
Welcome to the City of Houston’s More Space program!
The More Space program was established to help restaurants accommodate more customers while maintaining social distancing during COVID-19. The new program allows any restaurant to convert 50% of their off-street parking spaces to space to serve customers, while COVID-19 space restrictions are in effect. This expanded outdoor dining space will provide much needed relief to restaurants, while still allowing Houstonians to patronize these businesses while following safe and healthy guidance.
"Houston is eager to re-engage and Houston’s restaurants are excited to see their customers return. At the same time, we want to keep everyone safe. Since occupancy is lower during this time, parking spaces can be put to better use: places to serve customers,” said Mayor Turner.
Restaurants who participate in the More Space program are invited to printout this flyer and place it in your window, so everyone knows you’re part of the More Space program.
Ready to provide more seating for diners? Use the attached More Space Best Practices to design your space.
The program is simple. Business owners who would like to participate will need only to submit a Notification Form to track program participation.
This will also help the City receive feedback on the program and learn from it in the future.
More Space Program PDF form
Restaurants Participating in the Program
- Phoenix on Westheimer, 1915 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77098
- Latin Bites Kitchen, 5709 woodway Dr. Suite B, Houston TX 77057
- Prego, 2520 Amherst St, Houston, TX 77005
- Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co. 2101 Summer Street, Houston, TX 77007
- Providence Heights Bar 1308 W 20th Street, Houston TX 77008
- Down The Street 5746 Larkin St, Houston, TX 77007
- Buffalo Wild Wings 5805 hwy 6 North Houston Tx 77084
- Fogo de Chao Churrascaria (Houston) LLC 8250 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77063
- We Olive & Wine Bar 249 West 19th Street, Suite B Houston, Texas 77008
- Brasserie 19 1962 W Gray St, Houston, TX 77019
- Kung Fu Saloon, 5317 Washington Ave. Houston, TX 77007
Please report any comments or complaints to the City of Houston Planning & Development Department at:
- Phone: (832) 393-6660
- Email: MoreSpace@houstontx.gov
- Website: https://www.houstontx.gov/planning/MoreSpace.html
- Or by calling 311
Last Updated: February 25, 2021