Welcome to the City of Houston’s More Space program!
The More Space program was established to help restaurants accommodate more customers while maintaining social distancing during COVID-19. The new program allows any restaurant to convert 50% of their off-street parking spaces to space to serve customers, while COVID-19 space restrictions are in effect. This expanded outdoor dining space will provide much needed relief to restaurants, while still allowing Houstonians to patronize these businesses while following safe and healthy guidance.
"Houston is eager to re-engage and Houston’s restaurants are excited to see their customers return. At the same time, we want to keep everyone safe. Since occupancy is lower during this time, parking spaces can be put to better use: places to serve customers,” said Mayor Turner.
Restaurants who participate in the More Space program are invited to printout this flyer and place it in your window, so everyone knows you’re part of the More Space program.
Ready to provide more seating for diners? Use the attached More Space Best Practices to design your space.
The program is simple. Business owners who would like to participate will need only to submit a Notification Form to track program participation. This will also help the City receive feedback on the program and learn from it in the future. Link to online form here | More Space Program PDF form
Restaurants Participating in the Program
- Phoenix on Westheimer, 1915 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77098
- Latin Bites Kitchen, 5709 woodway Dr. Suite B, Houston TX 77057
- Prego, 2520 Amherst St, Houston, TX 77005
- Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co. 2101 Summer Street, Houston, TX 77007
- Providence Heights Bar 1308 W 20th Street, Houston TX 77008
- Down The Street 5746 Larkin St, Houston, TX 77007
- Buffalo Wild Wings 5805 hwy 6 North Houston Tx 77084
Please report any comments or complaints to the City of Houston Planning & Development Department at:
Last Updated: August 5, 2020