This information reflects crimes as reported to HPD as of the date of publication. Crime classifications are based upon preliminary information supplied to the department by the reporting parties and, as such, offense types may be changed at a later date based upon additional investigation. As this data may not have been screened through HPD’s quality control process as of the publication date, datasets may contain information not yet verified by further investigation.
Neither the City of Houston nor the Houston Police Department guarantee (either express or implied) the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the crime data. The City of Houston and the Houston Police Department shall have no liability for any error or omission, or for the use of, or the results obtained from the use of the crime data. In addition, the City of Houston and the Houston Police Department caution against using the crime data to make decisions or comparisons regarding the safety of or the amount of crime occurring in a particular area.
When reviewing crime data, users should consider that:
- Information represents only police services where a report was made and does not include other calls for police service.
- Information does not reflect or certify "safe" or "unsafe" areas.
- Results displayed are not distinguished as attempted or completed crimes.
- Areas with a high volume of foot traffic, vehicle traffic, and if densely populated may have more reported crimes than other areas. This does not necessarily mean more crime occurs there, but that more crime is reported there.
- Information will sometimes reflect where the crime was reported versus where the crime occurred.
Users should not rely on nor make decisions or comparisons based solely on the data offered on this website, but should conduct additional independent verification and due diligence.
The user indicates unconditional acceptance and assumption of all risks associated with the use of the information on this website.