Online Police Report
Welcome to the Houston Police Department's Online Police Report Form.
The purpose of this form is to allow Houston citizens to conveniently file police reports from home, work, or anywhere with Internet access. After completing the necessary information, you will receive a temporary incident number. The report will then be sent to the appropriate investigative division, where it will be approved or rejected based off the information provided. If approved, you will receive an email with the permanent incident number, also attached will be the submitted report. You will be able to print the document for your records.
This website should never be used to report an emergency, a crime in progress, or any type of injury. For emergencies, call 9-1-1. For any other situation that requires the response of a police officer, call 713-884-3131.
Before continuing, you should be aware that it is a crime to make a false police report. You should also know that this form CAN ONLY be used to report a limited, specific set of crimes (as listed below) and only under certain conditions. (We will be adding additional crime categories in the future).
This form CAN ONLY be used to report:
- Lost Property – Property is missing or lost. Lost firearms MAY NOT be reported online.
- Theft (Up to $30,000 in total value, Non-vehicle Related) with no suspects or witnesses. If the total value of items is greater than $30,000, you cannot use this form. (Example: Your bicycle is stolen from your front yard.)
- Theft of Services – Service you paid for but did not receive or service you provided but were not paid for.
- Vandalism/Criminal Mischief (up to $5,000 in damage, Non-vehicle Related) – Your property is damage or vandalized without your permission. Non-vehicle Related (such as vandalism or property damage) with no suspects and no witnesses. (Example: Someone intentionally damaged your property.) A burglary of a home, building, or vehicle should not be reported as Criminal Mischief/Vandalism.
- Environmental Crimes "Illegal Dumping" – Disposal of trash, garbage, waste, or sewage on private or public land, where doing so is not permitted.
You CAN ONLY use this form if:
- You have access to a valid, functioning e-mail address.
- You are the actual victim of the theft, loss, or criminal mischief (not a witness, relative, friend, etc.)
This form CANNOT be used if:
- The Crime / Loss / Incident occurred outside the city limits of Houston, Texas.
- Any evidence exists (such as fingerprints, burglary tools left at the scene, any type of evidence, or anything that must be collected or processed by the police.)
- Suspect information exists (such as a license plate number, surveillance photos, or a physical description of the suspect.)
- An emergency exists. (In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.)
- If any type of force or break-in occurred (Contact 713-884-3131 to report burglary.
- If any injuries occurred.
- This form CANNOT be used to report a stolen vehicle (Contact 713-884-3131 to report auto theft).
- This form CANNOT be used to report a crash (also known as an accident or motor vehicle collision) or a hit and run crash.
Your responses to the questions on the next several screens will help ensure that your incident is eligible for an online police report.
After reading the above, Click here to continue.