POLICE Department

Report Crime

  • Dial 9-1-1 to report an emergency.
    Helpful information on using the 9-1-1 Emergency Number.

  • Dial (713) 884-3131 to request non-emergency police service for locations within the city limits of Houston. If you live outside the jurisdiction of the Houston Police Department and have a problem or situation that requires police service, please contact your local law enforcement agency.

  • To Report a Minor Crime (Theft or Property Damage, under $5000) click the attached link: https://www.houstontx.gov/police/online_report.htm

  • Alert Slip: Citizens can use this form to request increased patrols around their home or business for a prowler, speeding vehicle, excessive burglaries and thefts, being on vacation, or for reasons causing them concern in the "other" box. Click the attached link: https://www.houstontx.gov/police/alert_slip/

  • Crime Stoppers Report a tip. Tipsters will remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward of up to $5,000 crime-stoppers.org

  • I Watch Houston Make the Call: Terrorism continues to be a threat to Houston. While our law enforcement agencies work digilently every day to help prevent terrorist attacks, you can be part of the solution. Learn more at iwatchhouston.org

  • Gang ActivityReport suspected gang activity/information to the Gang Division tip line: www.stophoustongangs.org