International Events and Programs
The Mayor's Office of Trade and International Affairs (MOTIA) helps connect local Houstonians with the international community by promoting international events, reporting on international occurrences, and providing updates on recent diplomatic activity in Houston.
MOTIA also coordinates several signature programs and events, and supports the Mayor's office engagement in a range of international events and business development programs.
Among the events and programs that MOTIA helps host:
- Annual Houston Consular Ball
- Annual Houston Africa Day
- World Energy City Partnership
- Sister Cities programs and events
- Houston Iftar Annual Ramadan Dinner
Major international events and business development programs supported by MOTIA:
- CERAWeek by IHS Markit
- Offshore Technology Conference (OTC)
- World Petroleum Congress (WPC) - Houston
- United Nations Women's Day
MOTIA will endeavor to promote other international related events throughout the Houston community on our social media sites. We welcome engagement with our social media platforms to showcase the international character of Houston.
Please send all inquiries, ideas for City programs, global engagement, invitations, speaking requests, and other suggestions to email@example.com