Super Neighborhood 1 - Willowbrook
Willowbrook is in northwest part of Houston located at the intersection of State Highway 249 and FM 1960.
Willowbrook Mall, a major electric generating station and several retail shopping centers dominate the land use of the area. The area was annexed to the City of Houston in 1993.
Willowbrook Mall was platted and approved by the City Planning Commission in November 1982. It is one the regional shopping centers in Houston and Harris County. It was developed by Homart Development Company; has 160 stores or outlets with an area of 1,530,000 square feet.. The mall was bought by General Growth Properties in 2001 from a pension fund managed by Lend Lease Real Estate Investments Inc. The 1.5 million-square foot mall was cited as one of the most successful retail shopping malls in Houston, consistently ranking near the as of the area's top-grossing malls per square foot.
The area is still growing and has potential for future growth due to a supply of vacant land and its accessibility to SH 249, US 290, Beltway 8 and FM 1960.
Community or Religious Organizations
- Cy-Fair Houston Chamber
- Houston Northwest Chamber
- Northwest Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Centerfield Improvement Association
- 1960/Champions Improvement Corporation
- Northwest Assistance
- Church of Champions-The Apostolic Church
- Trinity Church
- Westway Baptist Church
Super Neighborhood Statistical Info
- Houston City Council District A
- 1,873 acres (2.9 sq. miles)
- The area is served by police beat #27 (5F40): HPD Northwest Command substation and storefront of Willowbrook; and Cypress Fairbanks ISD. North Harris Willow Center (community college) is located at 9494 Grant Road.
- Your Super Neighborhood's Demographics, Land Use Map, and Resource Assessment