Join us Sunday, March 16, 2014
Tour de Houston Presented by Apache Corporation, the annual fundraising bike ride, will take place Sunday, March 16, 2014. The severe drought conditions spreading throughout Texas have dramatically increased the need to protect our parks and green spaces. Funds raised from this year’s ride will benefit Houston’s reforestation efforts through our non-profit partner, Houston Parks Board, dedicated to creating, improving and protecting parkland in the greater Houston region.
While Tour de Houston Presented by Apache Corporation is a fundraising ride, it also serves as a recommended ride for the BP MS 150. We encourage BP MS 150 participants to participate in the many recommended rides offered throughout the Houston area.
• 2013 Route Information and Map (.html)
• 2013 Press Release (.pdf)
• TdH FAQs (.html)
• 2013 TdH Flyer (.pdf)
If you can't participate in this year's ride but would like to donate to the Tour de Houston Fund, go to the Houston Parks Board Website, click DONATE NOW! and select Tour de Houston in the Donation Information Area.
Tour de Houston Links
Online Registration and Waiver • Fact Sheet • Routes and Map • Rules of the Road • Parking Information • Packet Pickup Info • Sponshorshp Information • 2013 Sponsors • Photo Galleries • Comment on the Ride • What Others Have Said • Safety Tips • Mayor's Office of Special Events
Ride Day Photo Galleries
Click on the graphics or text links below the graphics to view photo galleries.
Each year a new route is featured to meet the Mayor’s objective to showcase Houston neighborhoods. The 20, 45 and 70-mile ride is a BP MS 150 approved training ride ... Sponsor receives total exclusivity regarding promotion of brand on-site at the start / finish line, rest stop areas, & hospitality area specific to business category ... The Mayor’s Office of Special Events produces events to create civic celebration and enhance the community. Proceeds benefit Houston Parks and Recreation Department through the Houston Parks Board, a Texas 501(c)(3) non-profit. Sponsorship is tax-deductible.
What Others Have Said about TdH
- Great route - big thanks to all the Police and volunteers who made it so. And to the weather - having that tailwind on the return was cool - 30mph back on #3 - brilliant!! Keep it all the same for next year.
- This was one of the better rides I've been on this year. Very organized and the weather cooperated from start to finish. I saw parts of the city I'd never seem before and the route was perfect. This was my 1st Tour De Houston but it definitely won't be my last.
- What a nice ride. I really enjoyed the east end view. Have not really ben through that part of town before. It was great to see Mayor White on the ride as well since he started this ride. Thanks to all of the volunteers and especially the traffic control officers who kept smiles on their faces all day.