Kirkwood Paving and Drainage Projects
These three projects will provide for the design and reconstruction of Kirkwood Road with curbs, sidewalks, driveways, street lighting, traffic control and necessary underground utilities along with in-line detention.
Kirkwood Paving and Drainage Project from Buffalo Bayou to Briar Forest (CIP # N-100029)
This first project will reconstruct Kirkwood Road from Buffalo Bayou to Briar Forest Road. Construction is currently anticipated to begin in Summer 2020 and last approximately 18 months.
- Contractor: R Construction Civil, LLC
- Kirkwood Project Update (.pdf, November 2019)
- Public Meeting Postcard (June 2020)
- Flyer (June 2020)
- Visit https://www.publicworks.houstontx.gov/engage for information on how to attend the virtual public meeting
- For more information about the project and to view the recording of the public meeting please visit: https://www.publicworks.houstontx.gov/node/339
- Construction Phasing Plan (.pdf)
- Public Meeting Presentation (.pdf)
- Public Meeting Questions and Answers (.pdf): Build Forward and Kirkwood Virtual Meeting
- FAQs (.pdf)
- Typical Section (.pdf)
- Plan Set (.pdf)
Project Contact Information
Dial 311 – mention to the operator the following three things along with your issue:
Project Number N-100001-0001=4
Name of the project: Kirkwood Paving and Drainage from Buffalo Bayou to Briar Forest
Refer the complaint to “Capital Projects”
EMERGENCY NEEDS – Contact Contractor’s Superintendent or Project Manager below:
Richard Baca, R Contraction, Project Manager 281.610.2046
Allen Stanton, R Construction, Field Inspector, 713-775-6277
HOUSTON PUBLIC WORKS CONTACTS
Artanya Mills, Construction Manager, 832-757-8240
Samuel Wagnon, Field Inspector, 281.865.9996
Kirkwood Paving and Drainage Project from Briar Forest to Westheimer (CIP # N-100029)
The second project will reconstruct Kirkwood Road from Briar Forest Drive to Westheimer Road. Construction is anticipated to begin in Fiscal Year 2022. This project is currently in Phase I of the design phase and the anticipated construction duration will be developed as part of Phase II.
Nottingham Paving and Drainage Project (M-000247)
This sub-project will reconstruct Kirkwood north from Memorial to I-10. Currently, the project is estimated to include almost six acre feet of detention. Construction is anticipated to begin Fiscal Year 2025.