Financial Reporting and Operations
Arif Rasheed, Deputy Director
Arif has over 20 years of accounting, external/internal audit, and grants management experience, 18 of which are in governmental accounting. He most recently was Assistant Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting in Wayne County, Michigan. He also was an adjunct professor at Davenport University, Michigan where he taught a variety of accounting and audit courses.
Primary responsibility of the division is city wide monitoring and oversight of accounting, fixed assets, grant regulations, internal controls, and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process. The division is also responsible in ensuring process documentation exist and assessing the need for and update policies and procedures. The division is responsible for coordinating annual audit including the single audit report (SAR), preparing indirect cost allocation plan and fee cost of services.
- Work in partnership with the Controller's Office to coordinate the City's Annual Financial Audit with a target completion of November 30th.
- Develop annual indirect cost allocation plans for recovering all allowable federal grant administrative costs for the General Fund. The date to complete the plans is June 30 annually.
- Establish Accounting Procedures and Standards for Trust and Local Government Corporations (LGCs) to ensure compliance with A.P. 2-10.
- Determine full fee cost of services citywide in an effort to maximize cost recovery.
- Phase I - Ensure all financial management processes have documented controls, up-to-date written procedures, instruction manuals and associated trainings.
Robert Martinez, Deputy Assistant Director
Robert is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Business Continuity Professional. He has over 17 years of accounting, financial reporting and process improvement experience. Additionally, he has 8 years of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery experience. He has led several SAP accounting implementations and upgrades. He has oversight over Fixed Assets; Accounting and Financial Reporting, including Disaster Recovery; and Internal Controls.
Bobby Qasim, Division Manager
Bobby is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Government Audit Professional (CGap) with over 34 years of accounting and auditing experience, including 7 years of Public Accounting. He has oversight of Accounting and Financial Reporting, including Disaster Recovery and Internal Controls.
Clint Joines, Division Manager
Clint Joines is a Certified Public Accountant with 18 years of accounting experience including SEC reporting, asset accounting, and budgeting. He has oversight of Fixed Assets. Outside the COH, he sits on committees for two non-profit groups.
|General Accounting / Disaster Recovery|
|Internal Controls / Audit|
Kiran Chandu, Deputy Assistant Director
|Property Assessments and Liens|