Super Neighborhood 76 - South Acres / Crestmont
Recognized 03.06.2000. South Acres/Crestmont Park shares a joint council with Super Neighborhood #71 - Sunnyside.
Your super neighborhood at-a-glance:
South Acres/Crestmont Park is a suburban area of south central Houston across Sims Bayou from Sunnyside. Most of the housing in the community is post-war single family in typical suburban street patterns, although there are some large apartment complexes on the eastern edge. Many homes adjacent to Sims Bayou have been flooded several times. The community is bordered by undeveloped land to the south, east and west, and was relatively inaccessible until the opening of the South Freeway in the early 1980s and the recent opening of the South Belt.
- Crestmont Park
- Schnurr Park
- Sunnyside Multi-Service Center
- Houston Community College (Willie Lee Gay Hall), South campus
- Johnson Library
- Police Store Front
- Southeast Coalition of Civic Clubs (made up of over 12 civic clubs and several churches)
Key Planned Projects
- Improve existing infrastructure throughout the neighborhood including roads
- South Acres/Crestmont Park SN shares a joint council with SN #71 - Sunnyside. Meetings are held 7:00 pm on the First Thursdays of each month at:
Houston Community College (Willie Lee Gay Hall), South campus
1990 Airport Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77051
- Margaret Jenkins (SN President)
Houston, TX. 77051
Super Neighborhood Statistical Info
- Houston City Council Districts D, E
- Houston Independent School District (6 public schools; 1 private school)
- 4,323 acres (6.8 sq. miles)
- Your Super Neighborhood's Demographics, Land Use Map, and Resource Assessment