72nd Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade
Volunteer for the Parade
The 72nd Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade will welcome the holiday season by celebrating all things Houston. The fun begins at 9 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day (November 25, 2021) when the downtown business district streets will come alive with marching bands, imaginative floats and colorful balloons. Bring the family and celebrate our theme, Houston on Parade, with a stellar showcase of all that’s great about Houston!
Won’t you consider volunteering for this awesome event?
We need volunteers for the following areas:
- Balloon Handlers – you’ll march in the parade, helping to guide giant helium balloons.
- Banner Carriers – you will carry banners introducing featured performers and floats.
- Parade Marshals – these are critical positions! You’ll keep the parade moving – if you like being in charge, this is the spot for you!
- Seating Ushers – you’ll be the face of the City, greeting ticketed spectators in finding their way to seats in the special reserved area.
- ADA Ushers- help our handicapped guests be seated for the parade.
- Back Lot- help entries in the back lot staging area.
- For your records, here is the 2021 Parade Participant Waiver document (.pdf)
NEW THIS YEAR: Mandatory Volunteer Training Sessions for ALL positions. These sessions will take place in the Legacy Room at City Hall, 901 Bagby Street. You need to only attend one of the sessions.
Session One - Thursday, November 18, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
Session Two- Monday, November 22, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
Parade Marshals: This session will outline the responsibilities of a parade marshal and help you to understand what is required to keep the parade moving according to the schedule. You’ll be assigned a segment which you will guide through the TV zone, throughout the route, and into the disbanding areas. You’ll need to know when the parade stops for performances and how to space the entries so that the parade functions smoothly.
Balloon Handlers, Banner Carriers, and Ushers : This session will go over duties for each of these positions.
Refreshments will be provided at all volunteer meetings. Any questions, please contact Cheri Hinkle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-253-6373.