City Council COMMITTEES AND AGENDAS
Childhood and Youth
Agendas, presentations, etc. listed below are in .pdf, unless otherwise indicated.
2021 meeting dates: January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14, May 12, June (none), July 14, August 11, September (none), October 13, November (none), December 8.
- 2021 Committee Schedule (.pdf)
- Childhood & Youth Committee 2020 Recap Letter
- 40 Developmental Assets for Adolescents (ages 12-18) (.pdf)
- Committee Charge (.pdf)
Agendas and Backup Documents (.pdf, unless otherwise indicated)
Note: All meetings will be held virtually until further notice. The meetings will be aired on HTV and will also be broadcast as Microsoft Teams Live Events.
- July 14, 2021 -- Creating a Nourishing Environment for Youth
- May 12, 2021 -- Uniform System of Subsidized Childcare
- April 14, 2021 -- Piloting Subsidized Childcare in Houston
- March 10, 2021 – Mayor’s Hire Houston Youth Program (Joint with Economic Development Committee)
- February 10, 2021 -- Health Impacts of COVID on Children and Youth
- January 13, 2021 -- Human Trafficking Awareness
- December 9, 2020 - - Impact of Police Reforms on Youth
- October 14, 2020 -- Equitable Internet Accessibility
- Expanding Internet Access for Early Childhood Education and Opportunity Youth
- Letter to Governor Abbott from 88 Members of the Legislature Regarding Broadband
- Letter from AT&T CEO John Stankey
- Letter to Mayor Turner from Senator Hancock and Senator Taylor
- Response Letter to Senator Hancock and Senator Taylor from Mayor Turner
- View Meeting Here
- September 9, 2020 -- Preparing for Jobs in the New Economy
- August 12, 2020 -- None
- July 8, 2020 -- Digital Equity
- June 10, 2020 -- Rescheduled
- May 13, 2020 -- Postponed
- April 8, 2020 -- In lieu of the Childhood & Youth Committee’s April meeting, Juliet Stipeche, Director of the Mayor's Office of Education, gave a special presentation on how the City is supporting children through the COVID-19 crisis. More info on how to tune in and participate here (.pdf).