General Services Department
Design and Construction Division
Design & Construction's mission is to plan, design and construct building and ancillary facilities as well as parks in a manner that is consistent with City policies and that meets the goals and objectives of the various client departments. Projects include new construction, restorations and renovations.
Design and Construction advises the Mayor, City Council and City departments on the design of capital improvement projects as well as projects on City land, in the City right-of-way, or constructed with City dollars.
To be the project manager "partner of choice" by managing the planning, design and construction of sustainable City buildings including parks in a manner consistent with City and State regulations. Implement best practices and the latest development industry standards; alternative delivery methods; transparent processes for fair and equal selection. Maintain project within budget and on schedule while maintaining the highest quality product.
- Capital Improvement Planning
- Architectural/Engineering Project Management
- Construction Project Management
- Civic Art Administration
- In-House Office Space Management & Furniture Standards
- Continue with LAMP program
- Maintaining our projects within budget, schedule and scope
- Communicating with our stakeholders / partners weekly
- Assess Best Practices - implement one per quarter
- Document processes and create templates
- Implement FCA Priority 1 & 2 for FY 14
Objective - Partner of Choice
- Build better partnerships with our client/private partners
- Include our stakeholders in the design process
- Design and construct buildings that serve us now and in the future