General Services Department
Security Management Division
Chief of Security Management
The mission of the Security Management Division is to promote a safe and secure workplace while protecting City assets.
- Security Management Intro Page
- Security Management Executive Summary
- Badging Information Form (.pdf)
SECURITY MANAGEMENT DIVISION MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Manage Citywide Security Guard Contract.
- Manage Intrusion Alarm Contract.
- Manage Homeland Security Critical Infrastructure Security Improvement Grants.
- Installed the following security systems: CCTV Systems, Intrusion Alarm Systems, Card Access Systems, Backup Electrical Support Systems, Emergency Notification Systems, Visitor Screening Systems, and Access Control Turnstiles.
- Respond to special security requests regarding employee terminations.
- Design, install, maintain and monitor CCTV systems.
- Design and implement electronic access control systems.
- Investigate City of Houston lost/stolen assets.
- Provide photo identification badges and process card access control for all City employees, contractors, volunteers, temporary workers and interns.
- Provide security consultant services to Client Departments.
- Conduct security audits at City facilities.
- Liaison with various law enforcement agencies.
- Manage the removal of graffiti from City facilities.
ID BADGING OFFICE HOURS
- TUE, WED and THU, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., closed for lunch, open 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- MON and FRI closed
- Badging Office located at 611 Walker, 3rd Floor Annex
- Phone 832.393.8471
- FAX: 713.837.0735
General Services Links
- General Services Dept. Home Page
- Advertisements and Selection Results
- Asset Management Division
- Design and Construction Division
- Doing Business with the City (.pdf)
- En Español
- Financial and Energy Management
- Frequently Asked Questions
- LEED Case Studies
- Phone Numbers
- Property Management Division
- Public Information Office
- Real Property for Sale
- Security Management Division