The Department of Planning and Development administers the Historic Preservation Ordinance through which we strive to preserve our historic structures, neighborhoods and archeological sites.
Historic Preservation Office Links
- Hurricane Harvey: Flood and Disaster Related Resources for Historic Properties
- Jones Hall Renewal - Project Statement
- Project webpage: Historic Preservation Design Guidelines
- Historic Preservation Ordinance Review
- Historic Preservation Web Manual
- Houston Archaeological and Historical Commission (HAHC)
members list, meeting information, agendas, and application deadlines
- Landmarks and Protected Landmarks
Archive of individual historic properties designated by the city
View the Houston Code of Ordinances Chapter 33 Planning and Development, Article VII. Historic Preservation at Municode.
COA Fees have changed, effective January 1, 2018
The COA application fee is based on your project type. Each application will require a separate fee. Applications to revise previously approved COAs or to resubmit after denial will be charged the full application fee.
Contact the Historic Preservation Office
The Planning and Development Historic Preservation staff is trained in navigating the requirements of the Historic Preservation code and assisting citizens in historic property designation and stewardship. Contact us at 832.393.6556 or email@example.com
Related Resource Links