HOUSTON ARCHAEOLOGICAL AND HISTORICAL COMMISSION
The Houston Archaeological and Historical Commission (HAHC) meetings are held in-person in the City Hall Annex Council Chamber, 900 Bagby Street, Public Level, Houston Texas, and virtually on Microsoft Teams. Meetings are also broadcasted on the HTV Houston municipal channel and streamed on the city’s HTV website. The meeting agenda and details will be posted on this page 72 hours in advance of each meeting.
To join this HAHC meeting, please use the following options:
Thursday, February 9, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- In-person meeting location at: 900 Bagby Street, City Council Chamber, Public Level, Houston, Texas
- Microsoft Teams by installing the App; or
- Join via WebBrowser: (link coming soon) or
- Join via Phone: 936-755-1521 Conference ID: 800 604 571#
You can download staff reports here.The agenda packet may be updated prior to the meeting.
Call to Order
Mayor Liaison’s Report
A. 1. Public hearing on proposed amendments to Chapter 33, Planning and Development, adding a new Article XI, Conservation Districts to allow for the creation and administration of such districts, setting forth standards and other related matters.
A. 2. Discussion and possible action on the proposed amendments to Chapter 33, Planning and Development, adding a new Article XI, Conservation Districts to allow for the creation and administration of such districts, setting forth standards and other related matters.
The Houston Archeological and Historic Commission reserves the right to convene an Executive Session on any item listed on this agenda as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Gov’t Code Chapter 551, under any applicable exception, including but not limited to Sec. 551.071, Consultation with Attorney.
About the Commission
The HAHC is a 13-member appointed Commission that issues Certificates of Appropriateness and reviews Historic District, Landmark, Protected Landmark, and Archaeological Site designation applications.
- Ashley Elizabeth Jones – Archaeologist (Position 1)
- Tanya Debose – Historian (Position 2)
- Urmila Srinivasan – Architectural Historian (Position 3)
- Rhonda Sepulveda – Cultural History Organization Representative (Position 4)
- David Bucek – Registered Architect (Position 5)
- Elizabeth Wiedower Jackson – Commercial Business Representative (Position 6)
- John Cosgrove – Real Estate Appraiser (Position 7)
- Stephen McNiel – Remodeler/Builder (Position 8)
- Steven F. Curry – Preservation Specialist (Position 9)
- Ann Collum – Citizen Representative (Position 10)
- Dominic Yap – Citizen Representative (Position 11)
- Charles Stava – Citizen Representative (Position 12)
- Ben Koush – Citizen Representative (Position 13)
- Samantha Bruer – Architectural Archivist, Houston Metropolitan Research Center
- Marta Crinejo – Mayor's Liaison
- Margaret Wallace Brown Director, Planning and Development, or
- Jennifer Ostlind - Deputy Director, Planning and Development
HAHC Deadline and Meeting Location
Certificate of Appropriateness applications are due 22 calendar days in advance of the meeting by 12 PM (noon) on the deadline date.