Houston Archaeological and Historical Commission (HAHC)
About the Commission
The HAHC is a 13-member board that issues Certificates of Appropriateness and reviews Historic District, Landmark, Protected Landmark, and Archaeological Site designation applications.
Current Commission Members
- Minnette Bickel Boesel – Chair, Professional Historian
- Rob D. Hellyer – Vice Chair, Remodeler/Builder
- Jorge Garcia-Herreros – Professional Archaeologist
- Jason Cantu – Architectural Historian
- Edie Archer – Cultural History Organization Representative
- David Bucek – Registered Architect
- Sue Lovell – Commercial Business Representative
- John Cosgrove – Professional Real Estate Appraiser
- Emily Ardoin – Preservation Specialist
- Ann Collum – Citizen Representative
- Brie Kelman – Citizen Representative
- Charles Stava – Citizen Representative
- Ben Koush – Citizen Representative
- Janice Evans – Director of Communications
- Elizabeth Sargent – Archivist, HMRC
- Patrick Walsh – Director, Planning and Development
HAHC Meeting Schedule
Certificate of Appropriateness applications are due are due 22 calendar days in advance of the meeting by 12 PM (noon) on the deadline date.
Meetings are held at 3:00pm (unless otherwise noted) at City Hall Annex, 900 Bagby Street, City Council Chambers, Public Level.
Download a map of nearby parking facilities