Southeast Mobility Plan
The 2018 Southeast Mobility Plan is the City of Houston’s multimodal mobility study (inclusive of vehicular, transit, pedestrian, bicycle and freight) in the area bounded by Interstate 610 to the north, State Highway 288 to the west, Sam Houston Toll Road to the south, and Interstate 45 and Galveston Road to the east.
The Plan, to be completed over a twelve (12) month period, will be used to guide the City of Houston’s short, mid and long-term multimodal mobility planning efforts. Further, the plan will identify implementation projects that will improve mobility and access in the Southeast Houston Sub-Area.
Please visit this page often for all information regarding the study, as this page will be updated regularly. Your input is a critical element in the success of the plan!
Live or work in Southeast Houston? Share your comments about mobility conditions in the study area on our interactive web map!
- How to Use the Interactive Map Tool (Desktop Version .pdf)
- How to Use the Interactive Map Tool (Mobile Version .pdf)
- Steering Mobility in the Right Direction
- Infographic: Existing Conditions (updated October 2018)
- Southeast Houston Mobility Plan: Engaging Communities for the Future of Transportation
- Southeast Houston Mobility Plan Engages Community Members (.pdf)
- Planning for the Future: Southeast Houston Mobility Committee Aims to Improve Multimodal Transit (.pdf)
- Benefits of Public Transit Video
- Analyze existing transportation and mobility conditions, infrastructure, and development within the Area
- Articulate the challenges, and local and regional needs, within the Area
- Develop growth scenarios for the region reflective of the community’s vision
- Identify multimodal mobility gaps within the Area using projected multimodal mobility conditions and scenarios
- Identify and prioritize short, mid and long-term mobility solutions
- Plan for implementation of Plan recommendations (which shall be taken into consideration in current and future development planning of William P. Hobby International Airport).
The 2018 Southeast Mobility Plan Study will host public meetings over the course of the project. They are community-driven meetings that identify the vision and action plan to address the communities’ priorities pertaining to mobility. All residents, business owners, non-profit organizations, schools, churches are invited to attend!
Southeast Mobility Plan Steering Committee
A Steering Committee has been established to assist and support public awareness of the program, engage a broad spectrum of citizens experiences and perspectives, and assure accountability of all affiliates.
Southeast Mobility Plan Technical Advisory Committee
A Technical Advisory Committee has been established to review and make recommendations on the technical aspects of transportation in the community, analyze quantitative data pertaining to the mobility health of a community (i.e. traffic congestion, bicycle networks, pedestrian walkways, public transit access, and general transit throughout the boundaries), and provide an open forum for professional discussion of mobility issues and items related to the plan.
For more information about City Mobility Planning, please email: Mobility.Planning@houstontx.gov