Help Us, Help You: How to File a Police Report Online
September 28, 2015 - The Houston Police Department wants to inform citizens how to file an online police report for theft and criminal mischief incidents using the Houston Police Department website.
This service is not for emergency use, and can only be used for crimes given a certain set of conditions.
You can use this service if:
- The theft or criminal mischief incident is NOT an emergency
- The theft or criminal mischief incident is not over $5,000 in value
- The theft or criminal mischief incident is non-vehicle related
- The theft or criminal mischief incident occurred inside the city limits of Houston, Texas
- There is no evidence
- There are no suspects or witnesses
- No injuries occurred
You must have a valid, functioning e-mail address and you must be the actual victim to use this service.
Do not use this service to report a stolen vehicle or to report a burglary.
The service is available on the HPD website at http://www.houstontx.gov/police/online_report.htm. In addition, a tutorial can also be found on the HPD YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML80pAYYbvA.
HPD’s “Help Us, Help You” campaign is aimed at sharing information and educating citizens on crime prevention and everyday tips related to public safety in our city.
For additional information, please contact the HPD Public Affairs Division at 713-308-3200.