Contact Ray Andrews at 832.393.0913
Serving the residents of Houston and Harris County since 1988, Houston Crackdown coordinates and supports community volunteer projects to reduce alcohol and other drug abuse through prevention, education, treatment and rehabilitation efforts. Crackdown also administers grant funding to various drug abuse prevention programs throughout the City.
WHAT IS HOUSTON CRACKDOWN?
Houston Crackdown is a division of the Mayor's Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security that coordinates and supports volunteer projects in the areas of substance abuse prevention, treatment, and law enforcement.
Working together, everyone in the greater Houston community has the knowledge, skills, and sense of self-responsibility to create a society free of fear, crime, and the negative impact of drugs, including alcohol and tobacco.
HOUSTON CRACKDOWN IS HELPING YOU AND PEOPLE IN YOUR COMMUNITY BY SERVING AS:
- A catalyst for community mobilization, neighborhood enrichment, and collaborative strategic planning.
- A source of funding for prevention and treatment programs through the Houston Crackdown Bright Ideas Community Grant Fund.
- A public policy organization monitoring alcohol and other drug-related legislation and regulations, and advising the Mayor and Houston Crackdown members on the potential effect of these issues at the local level.
- Providing access to treatment and recovery resources; specific drug information for parents and youth; information on how to report illegal activity; and how to get involved in neighborhood prevention activities.
- A volunteer coalition of individuals and organizations dedicated to reducing substance abuse in Houston and Harris County.
- A community awareness campaign about the negative effects of substance abuse and ways to deal with it, both individually and collectively.
- An information and referral network for substance abuse programs and events.
Media, Educators, Parents, Youth, Neighborhood coalitions, Faith Based Organizations, Community wellness projects, Government and Law Enforcement Business non-profit, Substance abuse service providers, Treatment and Research professionals.
Quarterly Community Coalition meetings in conjunction with several agencies, organizations, service providers, healthcare professionals, and many other county stakeholders.
Houston's Drug-Free Business Alliance, Coalition of Substance Abuse Services, Partnership for a Drug-Free Texas, email@example.com, Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of American (CADCA), Coalition of Behavioral Health Services, Houston Recovery Oriented System of Core.
HOW CAN WE WORK TOGETHER?
Join our network of volunteers to learn about community meetings, partnerships, coalitions, educational materials, and collaborative funding opportunities. Participate with other interested residents to plan annual public education campaigns and other community activities. Together, we can provide accurate information to enable young people and adults to make smart, healthy choices; create positive programs for youth and families; and advocate for adequate prevention and treatment resources.
Drug Prevention Month Committee, Special Community Events, and Youth Mentors and Peer Leaders.
We invite you to join thousands of other Harris County residents and the Houston Crackdown staff in our efforts to prevent drug use.
HOUSTON CRACKDOWN RED RIBBON RALLY YOUTH PROGRAM
Houston Crackdown is dedicated to reducing alcohol, tobacco, and other drug-related problems in our community.
This event is a massive anti-drug rally designed to educate Houston area middle school students about the dangers of drug use/ abuse. The program also empowers youth to become drug free ambassadors for Houston youth against drugs, gangs, guns, and violence.
Drug Prevention Month -- Each October, Houston Crackdown coordinates the Drug Prevention Month public awareness campaign, which encourages young people and adults to make the choice to stay drug-free. You can join in the excitement by volunteering at a local school or by helping to produce a community-wide event. Just call 832.393.0915 to find out about upcoming activities or to get ideas for your neighborhood. Help us create parades, banners, rallies, and red ribbon activities for a drug-free Houston! Students will learn how to make their voice heard, spur positive change in their community.
Houston Crackdown Links