Super Neighborhood 30 - Braeburn
Your super neighborhood at-a-glance:
The Braeburn Super Neighborhood is located between Brays Bayou and Bissonnet in southwest Houston. Braeburn is a group of subdivisions along Brays Bayou, west of Hillcroft Avenue and south of the Sharpstown community.
The first of these middle class subdivisions was developed after World War II at a time when Richmond Road (later renamed as Bissonnet Street) provided the route into the city.
Bissonnet is the commercial corridor and northern boundary of the Braeburn Super Neighborhood. Both sides of this corridor consist of high density residential developments and commercial strip centers. Gessner is the major thoroughfare on the western sector of the super neighborhood as well as, Braeburn Glen Subdivision. One of the subdivisions, Brae Acres, is known for the large single family lots.
Over the past 50 years, this area has seen progressive growth and an increasingly diverse population.
- Braeburn Country Club (private)
- Brays Bayou walking trail
- McNamara Elementary School
- Community website: Under Construction
- Meetings are held monthly, with the exception of December, at Bayland Community Center 6400 Bissonnet St. Houston, TX 77074:
- Braeburn Super Neighborhood Council:
Brian Barragy, President
Bert Ruiz, Vice President
John White, Secretary and Treasurer
Super Neighborhood Statistical Info
- Houston City Council Districts C, F & J
- Houston Independent School District (1 public school)
- 2,554 acres (4.0 sq. miles)
- Your Super Neighborhood's Demographics, Land Use Map, and Resource Assessment