Super Neighborhood 64 - Greater Eastwood
Recognized 06.22.2000. Greater Eastwood SN shares a joint council with SN #88 - Lawndale/Wayside.
Your super neighborhood at-a-glance:
Greater Eastwood is located northeast of I-45 and southeast of Capital not far from Downtown Houston.
Eastwood is one of Houston's first master-planned subdivisions. It was designed and developed in 1913 by William A. Wilson, who also developed Eastwood's sister neighborhood, Woodland Heights. The first residents were young entrepreneurs in the city: business owners and management. The first lots went on sale in June 1912 and Eastwood was officially opened in September 1913. The development was planned with paved streets, cement curbs and sidewalks, city water, gas, electricity, telephones and sanitary sewerage as well as terraced lots designed for natural drainage and planned placement of trees.
The homes built in Eastwood were custom homes reflecting the early 20th century fondness for Craftsman, Arts & Crafts, Foursquare and Mission architecture. Today, Eastwood has one of Houston's largest intact collections of these architectural styles.
- Diez Street Park
- Eastwood Civic Association - http://www.eastwoodcivicassociation.org/
- The Greater Eastwood Super Neighborhood shares a joint council with Super Neighborhood #88 - Lawndale/Wayside.
This SN Council meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30PM at Villa de Matel, 6510 Lawndale.
Super Neighborhood Statistical Info
- Houston City Council District H & I
- Houston Independent School District (5 public schools)
- 1,201 acres (1.88 sq. miles)
- Your Super Neighborhood's Demographics, Land Use Map, and Resource Assessment