Super Neighborhood 78 - Greater Hobby Area
Your super neighborhood at-a-glance:
The Greater Hobby Area takes its name from Hobby Airport, located at the center of this part of southeast Houston. A rail line at the western edge of the community provides access for a number of large industrial facilities. Sims Bayou, along the northern boundary, attracted development of single-family homes in the Garden Villas subdivision before World War II and in the Glenbrook Valley subdivision during the 1950s. Gulf Freeway Oaks is a similar subdivision of homes located close to I-45, an eastern boundary of the area. East Haven and Skyscraper Shadows, located to the east and south of the airport, respectively, still have many empty lots and a variety of housing styles. Gulf Meadows is located close to Clear Creek, the southern edge of the community.
- Houston City Council Districts E & I
- Houston Independent School District (3 public schools; 1 private school)
- Pasadena Independent School District (1 public school)
- 10,341 acres (16.16 sq. miles)
- Your Super Neighborhood's Demographics, Land Use Map, and Resource Assessment