Avalon Place Neighborhood Reconstruction Project (R-002011-0089-3)
Originally a sanitary sewer substitution project. In July, 2017, with City Council's adoption of the FY2018-2022 Capital Improvement Plan, this project was converted from a stand-alone sanitary sewer improvement project to a complete neighborhood reconstruction. Rebuild Houston funds (DDSRF) were added to reconstruct new storm drainage and streets and it is now a $24,874,000 project. In addition to sanitary sewer upgrades, significant street widening/narrowing and sidewalk reconfiguration is planned, along with new storm sewers. The community design input meeting was held January 25, 2018.
- Project is currently at 95% design stage (as of October 2019)
- Project advertisement for bid - March 2020
- Construction contract award date - September 2020
- Public meeting will be held after the construction contract award date
- Anticipated construction start date: October-November 2020
Mohammad Haider, P.E, COH project manager, Mohammad.Haider@houstontx.gov