> Mayor's Youth Council > MYC Position Descriptions
Mayor's Youth Council
MYC Position Descriptions
- Leads the council; serves as the primary representative and spokesperson for the MYC; presides over MYC meetings, and develops the agenda for meetings. Also works with membership and advisors to recommend, develop, plan and implement projects, activities and events.
- Assists the Chair in leading the council; presides over meetings or records minutes in place of the Chair or Secretary in case of absence; recommends items to the Chair for placement on the meeting agenda; works with the Chair, membership and advisors to develop, plan and implement projects, activities and events. In the event of a vacancy of the Chair, the Vice Chair shall become the Acting Chair until a vote to fill the Chair’s position is held.
- Calls roll, keeps attendance, records meetings minutes.
- Documents and records activities performed by the MYC.
DISTRICT AND COUNCIL AIDES
- Works collaboratively with Council Member to address needs of position
- Conducts research of inquiries or issues raised during MYC meetings
- Works with the membership to plan and implement projects, activities and events
- Participates in organized MYC projects, events and activities
- District Aides represent Council Member in his/her absence