Auto Dealers Detail - Wrecker - Trainee License
Fees: Initial application, Annual renewal • For fee schedules, go to www.houstoncityfees.org
Wrecker - Trainee
It shall be unlawful for any person to allow, permit, or cause a person with a wrecker driver trainee license to drive any auto wrecker on a public roadway.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Application for Wrecker Trainee License - Present a fully completed application form.
- Current Texas Driver's License.
- Current TDLR (Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation) Card or print out from TDLR.
- Criminal background check - A criminal background check is conducted on all officers, partners, owners (licensees) and others who have a financial interest in the business.
- Required Fee
- Automotive Board review - The City of Houston Automotive Board reviews the application for each new wrecker including consideration of the findings of a criminal background check.
- Notice of an Automotive Board public hearing on the wrecker application is published.
- Approval or Denial is decided by the Board at the hearing
A wrecker driver trainee license shall expire on the sixty-first day after the date of issuance and may not be renewed. A wrecker driver trainee may apply for a wrecker driver license within 90 days after the expiration of his trainee license for a reduced fee as provided in section 8-133 of this Code.