Auto Dealers Detail - FAQ
- What is the first step to obtain a license?
- What type of Identification will I need when applying for a license?
- I received Deferred Adjudication and no jail time. Is this still considered a conviction?
- Do I have to provide my own photo for a salesman license?
- Is there a specific type of drug test for wrecker drivers?
- Do I have to turn in my city issued badge when renewing? What if I lost it?
A:For most licenses, a State and National background check is required. Please refer to the specific license description for details.
A: You will need either a valid Texas Driver’s License, Texas I. D., or Government issued I. D.
A: Deferred Adjudication is considered a conviction and should be placed on your application if it applies.
A: When applying for a salesman license, you will have to provide one passport style photo no smaller than 1 ½” by 2”.
A: All wrecker driver applicants must provide a five panel drug test from a state approved laboratory and must be the original. A fax will not be accepted.