Americans With Disabilities Act
- Coordinates the City of Houston's efforts to comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Coordinates the resolution and response to accessibility and effective communication complaints regarding City of Houston facilities, services, and programs.
- Informs the City of Houston's workforce regarding ADA compliance issues through training and brochures.
- Maintains current list of City-wide TTY numbers and department compliance contacts.
- Disseminates information to department compliance contracts regarding ADA issues.
- Serves as an ex-officio member to the Commission on Disabilities and acts as a liaison between the Commission and the department compliance contacts.
- Located in the Employee Relations Division of Human Resources.