Office of Inspector General
Mayor’s Executive Order 1-39, revised 03.01.2011, authorizes the Office of Inspector General, a Section of the Office of the City Attorney, to investigate allegations of employee misconduct. Employee misconduct, within the scope of the order is an act, intentionally committed by a City employee, relating directly or indirectly to the employee’s employment with the City, and violating a state or federal law, a City Ordinance, an Executive Order, and Administrative Procedure, or a Mayor’s Policy. The Inspector General and members of that office, all of whom are not employed by HPD, will serve as confidential ombudsmen to assist citizens in filing of complaints of misconduct against police officers.
Allegations are to be submitted in writing, on a form promulgated by the City Attorney. Files below are .pdf, unless otherwise indicated.
- Executive Order 1-39
- OIG Complaint Form for Wage Theft -- posted 01.06.2014
- Queja Sobre Robe De Salarios -- posted 02.26.2014
- OIG Complaint of Employee Misconduct Form - Updated 10.31.2013
- Queja Por Un Acto Ilícito Cometido Por Un Funcionario
- Complaint of Discrimination - Private Employment - posted 06.26.2014
- Queja Por Discriminación - Empleo del Sector Privado - posted 06.26.2014
- Complaint of Discrimination - Public Accommodation - posted 06.26.2014
- Queja Por Discriminación - Edificios Públicos - posted 06.26.2014
- Complaint of Discrimination - City Contractors / City Contracting - posted 06.26.2014
- Queja Por Discriminación - Contratistas de la Ciudad / Ciudad Contratante - posted 06.26.2014
- OIG Guidelines (.pdf)