2017 Major Thoroughfare and Freeway Plan Amendment Requests
Timeline & Process
Mandatory pre-submittal conference with staff – January 2017 to March 3, 2017
Application submittal period – January 3 to March 3, 2017
Planning Commission Workshop – May 2017 (date TBD)
Applicants will make brief presentation regarding their proposal to the Planning Commission.
Property Owner Notification – Late May/early June 2017
Notice of the open house and public hearing will be mailed to affected property owners in late May or early June of 2017. A notice will also run in the Houston Chronicle for three consecutive days.
Open House – Late June 2017 (date TBD)
The purpose of the open house is to provide information about all MTFP amendment requests to anyone from the community who may have an interest. This provides an opportunity to the public to understand the issue(s) prior to the Public Hearing meeting.
Public Hearing – July 20, 2017
A Planning Commission public hearing will be held at City Hall Annex, Council Chamber (900 Bagby Street, Houston TX 77002). This is an opportunity for concerned citizens to speak in support or in opposition to the proposed amendments.
Planning Commission Consideration - August 17, 2017
The Planning Commission will consider taking action on each application. The Planning & Development Department will forward the proposed changes to the 2016 MTFP map by September 1, 2017, to City Council for adoption.
- Major Thoroughfare and Freeway Plan
- Consolidated Transportation Planning:
- Harris County Appraisal District:
- Texas Department of Transportation, Houston District:
- Houston-Galveston Area Council, Regional Growth Forecast:
- Houston-Galveston Area Council, Our Great Region:
- City of Houston, Rebuild Houston Program and Capital Improvements Program 2015-2020:
- Dallas-Houston High-Speed Rail
- COH – Bicycle Master Plan
- Complete Streets E.O.
City of Houston
City of Houston