> Police >
Business Prevention | Cash for Crooks | Home Safety | Personal Safety | Squads | Task Force | Vehicle Safety
- Park in a well lighted area so you can see your car and the surroundings from as far away as possible.
- Have your car key ready before you approach the car so that you can make your entry into the vehicle as quickly as possible. When you are looking for your keys, you may be distracted from what is going on around you.
- Glance into the back seat and floor boards of your car before you enter and check for anyone who may be hiding inside. This is particularly important if you drive a van type vehicle.
- Always lock all doors whether you are in or out of your car. Keep the windows rolled up enough so an arm cannot be inserted through the opening
- If you think you are being followed, do not go home. Go to a safe place such as a police station, fire station, business or other populated area.