Turnaround Houston! is an initiative launched by Mayor Sylvester Turner in efforts to address the barriers to employment that many Houstonians face. Turnaround Houston will offer access to job training, resume writing, tattoo removal, social service agencies, educational institutions, counseling and intervention to help hard to employ Houstonians turn their lives around. The inaugural Turnaround Houston took place Saturday, March 26, at the Sunnyside Multi-Service Center.
- Houstonians Overcome Barriers to Employment at Turnaround Houston! Readiness Fair (May 18, 2018)
- Mayor's Office Press Release (May 4, 2017)
- Turnaround Houston! Resource Fair Planned to Help Residents Become Prepared for Employment (Press Release, 11.01.2016)
- Mayor's Office Press Release (March 16, 2016)
Our next Turnaround Houston Resource Fair:
- EXHIBITOR/EMPLOYER REGISTRATION
- Partner organizations and company employers wishing to have an exhibit table at the event can also contact Norma Meadows at Norma.Meadows@houstontx.gov or via pone at 832.393.0615.
- ATTENDEE REGISTRATION
PARTICIPATING EXHIBITORS (As of 01.15.2019)
American Personnel Resources LLC
CPE Group Construction
Edwards Energy Environmental and Waste Management
Harris County Human Resources & Risk Management
Optimum Security Professionals
Synergy Home Care
Wright Works Solutions
Association for the Advancement of Mexican Americans (AAMA)
BBVA Compass Bank
Café College Houston – Houston Public Library
Career and Recovery Resources, Inc.
CIII Consulting, LLC
City of Houston Community Network Re-Entry Program
City of Houston Department of Neighborhoods
City of Houston Municipal Courts Department
Dispute Resolution Center
Fabulous Financial Services
Franklin Beauty & Barber Institute
Harris County Department of Education
Houston Area Urban League
Houston Community College
Houston Public Library
Movement Is Blessed, LLC
Professional Career Training Institute
Texas Veterans Commission
The Houston Launch Pad
Unique Private Care Center
Wells Fargo Bank
Turnaround Houston Harvey Disaster Recovery Temporary Jobs
Turnaround Houston and H-GAC’s Gulf Coast Workforce Board - Workforce Solutions, have partnered to implement the National Disaster Workforce Recovery Program which provides temporary jobs to support the City of Houston’s post-Harvey efforts for the extensive cleanup and repairs of various City facilities and public spaces, as well as respond to the increased demands of City services, and provide humanitarian assistance to Houstonians devastated by Harvey.
In order to participate in the Turnaround Houston Disaster Recovery Collaborative, Workforce Solutions requires that individuals be pre-determined eligible for the temporary positions. Eligibility requirements:
- Must have lost a job due to Harvey;
- Have been unemployed for 10 weeks or more and are still actively searching for work; or
- Is currently receiving unemployment insurance.
Persons interested in these positions can visit any Workforce Solutions Career Center http://www.wrksolutions.com/find-a-location for eligibility determinations.
Turnaround Houston is a Collaborative Partner with