Turnaround Houston! is an initiative launched by Mayor Sylvester Turner in efforts to address the barriers to employment that many Houstonians face. Turnaround Houston will offer access to job training, resume writing, tattoo removal, social service agencies, educational institutions, counseling and intervention to help hard to employ Houstonians turn their lives around. The inaugural Turnaround Houston took place Saturday, March 26, at the Sunnyside Multi-Service Center.
- Mayor's Office Press Release (May 4, 2017)
- Turnaround Houston! Resource Fair Planned to Help Residents Become Prepared for Employment (Press Release, 11.01.2016)
- Mayor's Office Press Release (March 16, 2016)
Our next Turnaround Houston Resource Fair:
Turnaround Houston Disaster Recovery Fair
When: November 2nd , 2017 9AM – 2 PM
Where: Tidwell Community Center 720 Spaulding Houston, Texas 77016
As part of Turnaround Houston Disaster Recovery, The City of Houston is seeking individuals who lost a job because of the storm or have been unemployed for more than ten weeks to fill open positions. There are more than 400 opportunities available help repair and rebuild job public facilities damaged by Hurricane Harvey. All positions are temporary, full-time and lasting up to one year.
Administrative Assistant - Bilingual (Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese or Arabic)
Code Enforcement Officers
Community Canvasser - Bilingual (Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese or Arabic)
Community Service Inspector
Customer Service Representative
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A POSITION YOU MUST:
- Visit a Workforce Solutions Office before November 1st AND
- Have been unemployed for the past 10 weeks OR have claimed unemployment due to Hurricane Harvey
Final interviews will take place at the Tidwell Community Center on November 2nd.