Turnaround Houston! is an initiative launched by Mayor Sylvester Turner in efforts to address the barriers to employment that many Houstonians face. Turnaround Houston will offer access to job training, resume writing, tattoo removal, social service agencies, educational institutions, counseling and intervention to help hard to employ Houstonians turn their lives around. The inaugural Turnaround Houston took place Saturday, March 26, at the Sunnyside Multi-Service Center.
Our next Turnaround Houston Resource Fair will take place at Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center on Saturday, July 9, 2016 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center is located at 3810 W. Fuqua Street, Houston, TX 77045.
- Register Here as a Participant!
- Interested in attending as an Employer/Resource? Please fill out our Vendor Interest Form (.pdf)
THANK YOU to all of the City Agencies, community partners, resources and employers that made the inaugural Turnaround Houston event such a success. We would also like to thank H-E-B and HoustonFirst Corporation for their sponsorship.
Thank you to the following entities for participating in Turnaround Houston!
- City of Houston Office of Business Opportunity
- City of Houston Health Department
- City of Houston Human Resource
- City of Houston Mayor’s Anti-Gang Office
- City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Homeless Initiatives
- City of Houston Re- Entry Program
- City of Houston Sunnyside Multi-Service Center
- Houston Public Library
- Career Gear
- Dress For Success
- Franklin Beauty and Barber School
- Houston Area Urban League
- SER Jobs for Progress
- Workforce Solutions
- Active Incidents
- Administrative Policies
- City Charter
- City Employee Email Access
- Code of Ordinance
- Contact Us
- Departments and Directors
- Executive Orders
- Flags at Half Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Internships Information
- Mayor's Policies
- Mobile Applications
- Photos of Houston
- Proposed Ordinance Feedback
- Public Information Requests
- Section 508 Compliance
- Social Media
- Website Survey