Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities
List of HCOD Committees
BECOME A VOLUNTEER FOR THE HOUSTON COMMISSION ON DISABILITIES (HCOD) – Seated commissioners select committees they want to serve on that best fit their expertise and interests. Additional members of HCOD committees are drawn from community leaders, advocates and individuals who make a difference in the lives of individuals who cannot always speak for themselves and of those who can.
Serving on one or more of the HCOD committees will provide you the experience of service with the HCOD and help us make a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities. Below is a list of the committees that you can join as a member of the public. Your volunteerism and effort on these committees will help the HCOD function in the best possible way to assist people with all disabilities in the City of Houston.
- Community Access, Transition, and Housing
- Emergency Preparedness, Response, and First Responder Training
- Employment and Transition to Employment
- Immigration and Refugee Services
- Planning, Membership, and Community Engagement