Houston Information Technology Services
Lisa Kent, Director / Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Officer (CIO), responsible for citywide IT direction, through a collaborative managerial structure, as stated in Executive Order 1-44.
Chris Mitchell, Acting Deputy CIO / Deputy Director, Enterprise Infrastructure Services
- The Deputy Chief Information Officer responsible for leading the Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) Division, which is made up of Enterprise Operations and Network / Voice Services. These groups are responsible for the City data centers, data/voice networks, and the server/storage/infrastructure supporting the information technology needs of City employees. Responsible for Data Center Services, Production Server Services, Storage Services, Project Services, Messaging Services, Monitoring and Tools Services, and End User Services within the Enterprise Operations Organization. Data Center Services focuses on the proper operations of the core data centers; Production Server Services ensures that servers are available and functioning properly; Storage Services manages Storage Area Networks (SANs) and data backup/restoration; Project Services provides architecture and engineering resources in delivering quality projects; Messaging Services provides email and instant messaging services; Monitoring and Tools Services provides system and network monitoring, anti-virus, and system management tools; and End User Services provides end user device support (desktops/laptops, tablets, printers, monitors, smart phones, and various desktop applications).
Taunya Harris, Acting Deputy CIO / Deputy Director, IT Public Safety
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of the City’s public safety radio system and IT support services for the Houston Emergency Center. These teams provide 24 x 7 support for the critical public safety radio and IT services that help to keep the City’s first responders and the citizens they serve safe.
Summer Xiao, Deputy CIO / Deputy Director, Enterprise Applications
- Summer Xiao is the Deputy CIO for Enterprise Applications at the City of Houston. The Enterprise Applications team provides applications services for multiple city departments ranging from ERP systems, platform applications to enterprise data analytics. The team is focused on implementing modern applications for the city through internal and external collaboration using industry best practices. Prior to joining the City of Houston, Summer was a solution delivery director for a business technology consulting firm. Her past experience also includes being responsible for the entire IT operations at an advertising company. Summer has years of business and IT experience working in various industries and developing efficient teams that deliver technology solutions which increase revenue, reduce cost, and maximize efficiency. Summer Xiao graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems. She is also a PMI certified Project Management Professional with many years of hands on project implementation experience.
Chris Mitchell, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Cyber Security
- Chris Mitchell is the Chief Information Security Officer responsible for carrying out the information security duties as described in the Mayor's Executive Orders for Information Technology Governance and Information Technology Security. Mr. Mitchell will lead the HITS Enterprise IT Security Division as well as performing citywide duties as indicated in the policies referenced above. As the City of Houston CISO, Chris is responsible for carrying out the CIO’s responsibility for information security and the CISO responsibilities described in E.O. 1-44 and E.O. 1-48, including establishing an office with the mission and resources for information security operations, security governance, security architecture and engineering, and cyber-threat analysis to assist in ensuring City-wide compliance with City security policies and procedures. The CISO also serves as the City Information System Risk Executive, responsible for ensuring that security risk-related considerations and risk management of individual information systems are consistent across the City, are reviewed from a City-wide and strategic goal perspective, and reflect the City’s information system risk tolerance affecting mission/business success.
William Bryant, Acting CTO of Health Dept.
- William Bryant is the Acting CTO for Houston Health Department technology team.
Shannon Hodge, Resource Management
- Shannon Hodge leades the Resource Management Division. As such she is responsible for the efficient administration of management services, and for ensuring that the CIO’s directions and policies are implemented. She works with senior leadership to plan, coordinate and administer policy development in accordance with predefined strategic objectives. Ensures a high level of customer service and seeks continuous improvement. Resource Management is comprised of budget and financial management and analysis, contract administration, fixed asset management, vendor supply management as well as operational administrative support for the department. Each area is responsible for the ongoing support of the department and the implementation of policy and procedures.